Attorney Russell S. Kohn
An Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
As the founder of the Kohn Law Office, Attorney Kohn has limited his practice
to representing injured victims in personal injury matters since 1987.
Mr. Kohn is a lawyer for people, and does not represent businesses, corporations
or insurance companies. He enjoys the personal and professional satisfactions
that comes from helping injured people obtain full and fair compensation.
He is a lawyer who empathizes with this clients, and takes the time to
understand the unique effects of the injuries to the specific lifestyle
of each client.
As an attorney for people, Mr. Kohn is attentive and responsive to his
clients. Each client's case is personally handled by him, rather than
by paralegals or office staff. He believes that a successful resolution
of a case is only achieved if the client is satisfied with the result.
He also believes that a satisfied client is one who is fully informed
about the applicable law, facts, and available options. For this reason,
Mr. Kohn is always accessible to his clients by phone and office visits.
He is trustworthy, experienced, and aggressive.
Attorney Russell S. Kohn attended the University of Arizona in Tucson,
Arizona where he obtained his Bachelor's Degree in accounting in 1981
and his Juris Doctor Degree in 1984. He was admitted to practice law in
Arizona in 1984 and in California in 1985.
The experience and integrity he brings to each case has earned Mr. Kohn
extensive recognition among his peers, including the distinction of being
among the top 5% of attorneys endorsed by
Super Lawyers® Magazine in 2008 due to outstanding achievement. He was also elected by his peers
as President of the Bar Association of Northern San Diego County for 2004,
and was thereafter elected to a three-year term as a director of the San
Diego County Bar Association in 2005.
For many years, Russell Kohn has had the distinction and privilege of
acting as a temporary judge for the San Diego Superior Court presiding
over personal injury settlement conferences, as well as small claims and
traffic court cases. As of November 2015, he has been honored to be appointed
to serve on the Board of Directors of the North County Bar Association's
Lawyer Referral Service Program. In this position, he is able to advance
public access to the judicial system.
Attorney Kohn’s professional associations and memberships include:
- State Bar of California, Member
- State Bar of Arizona, Member (presently inactive)
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Director, 2006 - 2008
- Bar Association of Northern San Diego County, President, 2004;
- Board of Directors, 2001 - 2003; Personal Injury Section, Chair, 1996 - 1998
- San Diego County Superior Court, Arbitrator and Judge-Pro-Tem
- Board of Directors of the North County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral
A Reputation for Outstanding Service
Attorney Kohn has built a reputation for professional service based on
his skill and knowledge as a hardworking legal professional.
His published decisions include:
- Hemphill v. Wright Family, LLC (Cal. App. Fourth Dist., Div. 1; February
25, 2015) 234 Cal.App.4th 911, 184 Cal.Rptr.3d 326
He has been a featured speaker on many occasions, including:
- Speaker, “Settlement Demands and Settlements in Multiparty Cases,”
Personal Injury Section of the North County Bar Association, February 10, 2015
- Speaker, “An Introduction to and Roundtable Regarding Underinsured/Uninsured
Motorist Arbitration,” Personal Injury Section of the North County
Bar Association, July 8, 2014
- “How to Win a Soft Tissue Injury Trial,” National Business
Institute, April 23, 2003
“Personal Injury, People's Law School,” North County Bar
This professional history has awarded the following honors:
Super Lawyers® list, 2007, 2017-2018
- Best Lawyers, 2017-2018
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2014
Top Lawyers of San Diego,
San Diego Magazine, 2014 and 2015
- AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- AVVO Rating of 10.0 Superb
To learn more about how the Kohn Law Office can help you in your personal
contact the firm online or call (760) 301-5456 to schedule a