What Makes Attorney Russell S. Kohn Uniquely Qualified To Represent You?
As the founder of the Kohn Law Office, Attorney Kohn has limited his practice to representing injured victims in car accidents, wrongful death, and premises liability matters since 1987. Mr. Kohn is a lawyer for people, and does not represent businesses, corporations or insurance companies.
He enjoys the personal and professional satisfactions that comes from helping injured people obtain full and fair compensation. He is a lawyer who empathizes with this clients, and takes the time to understand the unique effects of the injuries to the specific lifestyle of each client.
As an attorney for people, Mr. Kohn is attentive and responsive to his clients. Each client's case is personally handled by him, rather than by paralegals or office staff. He believes that a successful resolution of a case is only achieved if the client is satisfied with the result. He also believes that a satisfied client is one who is fully informed about the applicable law, facts, and available options. For this reason, Mr. Kohn is always accessible to his clients by phone and office visits. He is trustworthy, experienced, and aggressive.
Attorney Russell S. Kohn attended the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona where he obtained his Bachelor's Degree in accounting in 1981 and his Juris Doctor Degree in 1984. He was admitted to practice law in Arizona in 1984 and in California in 1985.
The experience and integrity he brings to each case has earned Mr. Kohn extensive recognition among his peers, including the distinction of being elected by his peers as President of the Bar Association of Northern San Diego County and thereafter elected to a three-year term as a director of the San Diego County Bar Association. He is listed in Best Lawyers and is among the top 5% of attorneys endorsed by Super Lawyers Magazine due to outstanding achievement.
For many years, Russell Kohn has had the distinction and privilege of acting as a temporary judge for the San Diego Superior Court presiding over personal injury settlement conferences, as well as small claims and traffic court cases. As of November 2015, he has been honored to be appointed to serve on the Board of Directors of the North County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service Program. In this position, he is able to advance public access to the judicial system.
- JD – Juris Doctor – University of Arizona (1984)
- BS – Bachelor of Science – University of Arizona (1981)
- President, North County Bar Association 2004
- Director, North County Bar Association 2001 – 2003
- Director, San Diego County Bar Association 2006 – 2008
- Director, Lawyer Referral Service, North County Bar Association 2015 – Present
- Chair, Personal Injury Section, North County Bar Association 1996 – 1998
- Coach, Softball team, North County Bar Association
- NCBA Personal Injury Section – “Uninsured/underinsured motorist cases update” (2018)
- NCBA Personal Injury Section – “An Introduction and Roundtable Regarding Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Arbitration” (2014)
- NCBA Personal Injury Section – “Recovery of Attorney Fees on Personal Injury Cases” (2012)
- NCBA Personal Injury Section – “Statutory Attorney Fees in Personal Injury Cases” (2010)
- NBI Personal Injury Seminar – “How to Win a Soft Tissue Injury Trial” (2003)
Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Northern San Diego County – President (2004) – Director of Lawyer Referral Services (2015-Present)
- San Diego County Bar Association – Director (2006-2008)
- “Judge-Pro-Tem” San Diego County Superior Court
- State Bar of California – Member
- State Bar of Arizona – Member (presently inactive)
- Consumer Attorneys of California – Member
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego – Member
- North County Lawyer Magazine - Injuries to Children in California (2013)
- North County Lawyer Magazine - California Dog Bite Law (2012)
- North County Lawyer Magazine - Justice For The Fallen - Sidestepping The Trivial Defect Rule (2009)
- The Advocate, journal of the Consumer Attorney Associations of Southern California - "Damages: Obtaining Prejudgment Interest on Economic Damages in a Personal Injury Case” (2009)
- North County Lawyer - Many articles on personal injury for North County Bar Association (NCBA) (2004)
- Trial Bar News, publication of the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego (formerly San Diego Trial Lawyers) -“Proposition 51 Does Not Affect Vicarious Liability” (1993)